Artificial intelligence helps us to understand possibilities and go beyond the limitations of our imagination. It worked many wonders, especially in developing exuberant technologies.
Given this, we know that AI shows outstanding potential for space exploration, especially in the earth and global exploration. Experts try to understand more of space exploration through emerging technologies.
Despite their training and preparation, astronauts face a lot of stress and hampered decision-making when confronted with extreme situations in space.
AI-based emotional support robots help these astronauts in their missions beyond space. Their design involves understanding both the crew’s requirements as well as their mental health and emotions.
Artificial Intelligence Applications as Game-Changers
Our government agencies hold different applications of AI in space exploration to acquire imaging data. Among these applications include:
- Robotica: It is utilized by government agencies for conducting modern surveillance, identifying and lessening risks, and analyzing a substantial amount of data.
- Satellites: These devices can produce over 150 terabytes of data in a day, reduce mission costs, analyze extensive amounts of imaging data, and help government agencies and businesses to make precise decisions.
- Dynamic Spectrum: This is utilized by our government agencies increase spectrum coherence of connecting via real-time adjustments.
- Deep Learning Technologies: These devices make communication of data among satellites simple.
Artificial Intelligence Used in Space Exploration
AI also applies to develop technologies beneficial for space exploration. NASA and other space organizations aimed to help astronauts through technologies like:
- Ethereum Blockchain Technology: This is a technology that has a secure, decentralized, and cognitive networking and computing groundwork, which NASA awarded a grant of 330,000 dollars for its research.
- AEGIS (Autonomous Exploration for Gathering Increased Science): AEGIS helps in automating the rover’s capabilities for laser-firing, monitors spacecraft, and reduces expected risks
- Kepler-90i and Kepler Discovery: This AI system replicates the moon’s surface and makes comparisons with the local environment. With Google’s help in training the model, it led to NASA‘s discovery of two hidden planets.
- Crew Interactive Mobile Companion (CIMON), followed by CIMON-2: CIMON is an AI-powered 3D printed sphere-shaped robot helps astronauts to do their everyday tasks at the International Space Station. CIMON-2 is similar, but it comes with improved functionalities.
- JAXA’s Int-Ball: This is developed by the Japanese Space Technology to take pictures of experiments in the Japanese module; developed to assist astronauts with exploration missions and on-board difficulties.
AI Trillion-Dollar Space Race and Future Outlooks
According to reports, the space industry will be worth one trillion dollars in 2040, which is why three big companies participated in a race to achieve the first potential spaceflight, which are:
- Elon Musk: SpaceX (2002)
- Jeff Bezos: Blue Origin Company
- Richard Branson: Virgin Galactic Company
All of the said companies have significant potentials in selling in the market, given their outstanding developments and applications of artificial intelligence for space exploration.
With innovative technologies continually growing, AI continues to inspire us with its possibilities. Though we cannot be sure about what the future holds for us and these developments, AI shows excellent space exploration potential. Technology is starting to make its way to immerse itself in our lives, and it offers a lot of advantages for our entire population.
Mr. Jaycee De Guzman holds a degree in Computer Science. The machine language is his favorite among the several languages he can fluently speak and write with. As a self-taught computer scientist, he is into computer science, computer engineering, artificial intelligence, game development, space technology, and medical technology. He is also an entrepreneur with businesses in several niches such as, but not limited to, digital marketing, finance, agriculture, and technology.